London

There have been so many things that have happened since I've been here. It seems like I am on some path of education of self. Ever since living in Georgia I have notice that I have been continually tested in all aspects of my personality. My resilience, patience, tolerance, ideals, and other aspects as well have been tried and tested.

It's not over though, I am sure life has a ton of more educational bullets in its arsenal.

Initially I was stuck here, then I was able to stay with a friend, who for work purposes traveled a lot so basically I was living in the flat free of charge. Of course I knew I had to find something to occupy my time here because when idle things do not go well for me. I ended finding the "Heart to Heart Catholic Radio" project and met with the Director who immediately invited me as part of the time. I was elated finally something that required almost all of my talents. I fell into the role immediately...having to organize a Saturday Conference with the artist for the proposed Road Show, help with catering, and I even did some audio/visual work at the event- Where I used a projector to play some videos of the various bands etc.

I thought this venture would keep me very busy until the Road Show began in May. That turned out to be a very wrong assumptions. The week following the workshop I went into work with Gerry twice, and much of that time was spent with him just talking about things but not really bringing me up to speed on what needed to be done, even though I asked.

Then the week after I went in on a Thursday and spent the day typing a compilation of Catholic Schools into Excell just so we knew who we needed to contact, this I typed directly out of the Catholic Directory...this I questioned because I thought it was quite backwards and wasting time but he insisted that it was necessary. I was then told I can have Friday off and then we would resume work on Monday and begin making calls.

Gerry never contacted me that Monday and in fact it is now Tuesday of the following week and he has yet to contact me.

Last week I fell into a depression spell, where I began questioning everything that has been happening in my life and the path I was home. It was indeed a very dark week. I even seriously considered leaving England and returning home.

Then I woke up on Saturday morning and shook myself. I couldn't believe how ungrateful, and silly I was being. I went out with some friends to window shop in Kingston. On the way there I got a call from one of the families that has been interested in me requesting me to meet with them because they wanted an Au pair straight away. To me that was God giving me an answer to alleviate my conjured despair.

I agreed and Sunday I came to Chelmsford, Essex and well after meeting little Olivia, I decided to do it. London is very much accessible and the compute isn't that long. I am very happy with my decision. I won't be making some grand salary but it is much more than I was making while volunteering my teaching services in Georgia.

There are so many lessons here to learn and I would be a quitter if I just gave up on this journey. On July 26th I'm heading back home and I am not sure where my life is taking me next but I am really looking forward to more spontaneity!

Comments